|Calendar | Map | People | Search|
"The International Veterinary Academy of Pain Management is a multi-disciplinary organization that seeks to promote the acquision and dissemination of cross-species knowledge related to the biology and clinical treatment of pain in animals"
1. To promote a spirit of friendly relations among the students enrolled in the course of veterinary medicine in promoting, enhancing, and advancing the management of pain and distress in animals.
2. To provide an additional opportunity for the members to gain professional veterinary knowledge and an understanding the identification, prevention, and relief of pain in animals.
3. To facilitate the development of practice and care focusing on the management of pain in animals.
4. To provide an interest-based forum for ongoing dialogue and dispensation of information on topics related to the control of pain in animals.
5. To develop and implement strategies for expanded exposure of the organization and its resources; to recruit participants in the delivery of superior, multi-modal approaches to the management of pain in animals.
6. To create collaborative relationships with other North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine student chapters and local veterinary clinics.
6. To make available to the students the opportunities offered by the International Veterinary Academy of Pain Management to its Student Chapters.
State College of Veterinary Medicine